Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Been A WHile!!!

Hey all, I know it's been a while. Sorry! I guess not much has happened since the last time we blogged. Nothing... extravagant. And we've been putting most our pictures and such on Face Book. So- for those that DON'T have FB, I apologize.

Well, things are going well. My job search (more networking) has started to show results. I have an interview Oct. 5th with ECC Junior. It's a English school program. (http://www.ecc.co.jp/htm/english/junior/index.html) if you want to read about them. The issue with this is it is only SEASONAL! So - its will be sporadic and very limited. I really don't know much about it yet.
Also, I have one English lesson starting up in a week or two. Another JET, Katie, knew a teacher at school that wanted her daughter (6) to continue English lessons. SO, Katie gave them my info. They're REALLY sweet people and the mom is going to try to find some other kids to join us, so that may prove to start some things rollin'!
Also, I have a friend that wants to learn the guitar. So, Ill be teaching him.
so... all in all, I'll have a few things in about a week. This coming week is "Silver Week". It's a type of holiday I guess. Schools are out and such. We are going to South Korea for the week. Should be a lot of fun! We fly out Tuesday night. We'll be staying with a friend for part of the week and then a guest house\hotel for the 2nd part of the week. We have a lot of friends from JET going to Seoul (capitol) the same time so we'll all explore and have some fun there.
I've also started a Japanese Language class. It's free, volunteer based. It's on Tuesday and Fridays. I've only been to two classes so far but it should help.

Life is good. Our typical week is: Erika is gone from around 7:45 - 16:45 (4:45pm) {Japan, like many other countries, uses the 24 hour clock). We then eat dinner and either watch a movie or go to town, meet up with some friends, walk around, etc. Then weekends we try to do a long bike ride to a nearby town or explore a new part of our city. Sunday we wake up and have church.

Typically we do sermon by podcast, which is nice because if we have any questions or thoughts we can stop and search through the scriptures. We sings songs (which is interesting with only 2 parts - we take turns singing lead so we can sing different parts). and then we spend a lot of time on the Lord's Supper. I have to say I have really enjoyed our "solitude" with the LS. In a large church I, personally, am easily distracted and have trouble concentrating for long periods of time with noise and babies and other distractions. So this has helped me, and I think I speak for us both, to be able to really focus on remembering Jesus. It's been really nice, BUT we do strongly miss the fellowship of others.

Miss you all - Im going to do another post about Life HERE vs AMERICA .. .now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment